Packing List &
Other Frequently Asked Questions
What should we pack?
- Passport/paperwork to cross international borders (if applicable).
- Pen and Notebook
- Towel(s) for the pool and shower
- Toiletries including sunscreen
- Sport and hiking shoes
- Rain gear
- Clothes for cold weather
- Clothes for warm weather. Modest clothing is expected!
- A jacket or coat
- Camera (cell phones are held by adults during the week)
- Modest one-piece bathing suit if you wish to swim. (T-shirts are not allowed in the pool.) Swimming trunks are allowed. (No Speedos)
- Extra spending money at parents’ discretion. There are several stores for snacks, souvenirs. Plan on spending some on some free time activities.
- Flip-Flops for showers and swimming
- As few electronics as possible.
NOTE: Bedding is provided this year! A small pillow is provided so if you want to have a regular pillow you should bring it!
What recreational activities are offered during camp?
Lenk offers a variety of recreational activities: Shopping, Hiking, Swimming, Volleyball, Mini-Golf, etc. We’re still learning what is available and what the costs will be so check back here for updated information.
Bouldering costs 8-12 CHF (age dependent) plus 4-6 CHF for shoes (size dependent). Mini-Golf cost 5 CHF per game. Trottibikes cost 33 CHF (bike & helmet plus cable car ride). Mountain Carts costs 63 CHF (cart plus cable car rides).
What time does camp actually begin and end?
Please note that Registration will not begin until Monday at 2 p.m. in Lenk. Camp will officially begin at 4 p.m.
Camp ends Saturday at 10:00 (after breakfast, packing, and making sure rooms are clean).
Where is the camp?
Euroventure this year will be held at the KUSPO Kurs- und Sportzentrum in Lenk, Switzerland. KUSPO is a sports camp complex in the heart of the Simmertal Valley in Switzerland. We will have one of the chalets at the camp. The chalet has large group rooms with bunk beds. Meals are in the cafeteria of the complex. Our morning and evening services will be in the Aula in the village of Lenk, a short walk away.
How do we get there?
KUSPO Kurs- und Sportzentrum, Simmendamm 9, CH-3775 Lenk
By car: Via Bern on the A6 to Wimmis, Switzerland. Follow Route 11 to Zweisimmen. In Zweisimmen, take Lenkstrasse to Simmendamm in Lenk.
By train: There are regular connections to Lenk. From there, there is a bus that will take you from the train station to KUSPO. From the train station (Lenk Bahnhof), you can take one of the following buses to the KUSPO bus stop.
- 283 in the direction of Simmenfälle (3 stops)
- 284 in the direction of Metschbahnen (3 stops)
By bus: Groups arriving by bus will be able to unload and load at KUSPO.
If you are going to arrive later or much earlier, please inform us about your arrival time. Camp registration begins at noon on Monday.
How much spending money should I send?
Everything is included for the week so your student should have no expenses. There is a kiosk at KUSPO and several stores near the camp for snacks and souvenirs. Prices for choice recreation including miniature golf, bouldering, and mini-golf vary. If your student is traveling by bus, additional EUR may be needed for lunch.