Church Staff Openings
The following IBC member churches have staff openings:
International Christian Fellowship, Oberursel, Germany: Assistant Pastor
Position Seeking: Assistant Pastor
ICF: A little about us
Our vision hangs above the door and is the guiding principle in all we do: “Everyone growing and leading others toward maturity in Christ.” This is what International Christian Fellowship (ICF) stands for.
We are an English-speaking, evangelical church in Frankfurt, Germany. With an average Sunday attendance of 250, ICF is an Elder-led, international community of believers from over 50 different countries. We strive to be centred around the Gospel in every area of our church: in our preaching, across our ministries, and in the way we live out our faith in community. We are part of the International Baptist Convention (IBC) and the German Bund Evangelisch-Freikirchlicher Gemeinden (BEFG).
The opportunity: What we are looking for
We are looking for a full-time Assistant Pastor to join our team of Pastor and Elders. This is a two-year position and is ideal for someone eager to gain further ministry experience in an international context. Alongside pastoral duties, his primary area of responsibility will be leading our youth ministry, which over the past three years has grown to become a group of 40-50 young people. A 40-hour working week will likely be split into 30 hours devoted to the youth ministry and 10 hours to other pastoral tasks.
The ideal candidate will be gifted in teaching and leading others, and will be committed to shepherding, discipling and spiritually nurturing the congregation alongside the Elders. Anyone serving in a pastoral role must be spiritually mature and above reproach, meeting the qualifications found in Titus 1:6-9 and 1 Timothy 3:2-7, and committed to a biblical gospel (Romans 1:16, Philippians 3:7-9, Galatians 6:14).
This has the potential to be a life-changing role, both for the successful applicant and for those ministries he is called to serve in. We are looking for someone ready to take this responsibility with both hands, to lead in a servant-hearted and Christ-centred way, and to further our mission to live out the Great Commission.
Responsibilities: The role
- Assist the Pastor and Elders in overseeing and implementing the mission, vision and strategy of the church as a whole
- Assist the Pastor and Elders in counselling and discipling individuals and families
- Regularly preach the Word in our Sunday services
- Participate and take a leadership role in Sunday worship gatherings, church prayer meetings, Elders’ meetings, staff meetings and other church activities
- Perform other pastoral duties as required (membership and baptism classes, weddings, funerals, baptisms, child dedications, etc.).
Youth Ministry Leader
- Plan and oversee weekly youth group meetings, which include Bible study, worship, prayer and games – bringing the gospel to life for young people from ages 12-18
- Plan regular youth group events and trips (e.g. mission trips, camping trips, parties, worship nights, games nights, outdoor activities)
- Develop strong, trust-based relationships with youth group members and parents
- Communicate with and work closely alongside parents, and be their contact person for all youth-related matters
- Plan youth-led Sunday worship services and be active in creatively fostering the integration of youth group members in the wider church
- Maintain the budget for the youth ministry
- Oversee all child protection and safeguarding requirements
- Lead and recruit (when needed) a group of volunteers to assist in the youth ministry
The requirements: What we’d like from you
- Fluency in English
- Proficiency in German (B1) or a willingness to grow in this area
- Seminary degree or equivalent theological training (completed or in process)
- Previous ministry experience; international experience and/or experience with youth desired
- A passion for discipleship and a heart for young people
- Giftedness and experience in effectively communicating the Word
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
If you think you might be a good fit for this position and would like to apply or receive more information, please contact email@example.com.
Posted: 10 Aug 2023
International Baptist Church of Sofia, Bulgaria: Senior Pastor
Position Seeking: Senior Pastor
The International Baptist Church of Sofia is seeking a Senior pastor to shepherd our multicultural flock in Sofia, Bulgaria. The position is fulltime and requires living in Sofia.
The International Baptist Church of Sofia is a gathering of evangelical believers in Sofia, Bulgaria. It is our desire to see our church not only as a spiritual home for expatriates while they are in Sofia, but a church that receives believers, disciples them, and then sends them onto their next destination, better prepared to be salt and light in that place.
Care for the flock that God has entrusted to you. Watch over it willingly, not grudgingly—not for what you will get out of it, but because you are eager to serve God. Don’t lord it over the people assigned to your care, but lead them by your own good example. And when the Great Shepherd appears, you will receive a crown of never-ending glory and honour. 1 Peter 5:2-4
When we consider the type of pastor we want for IBC Sofia, we are guided by the verse above and the idea of “shepherd leadership”.
We want a shepherd pastor who will lead us.
We need a goal or vision. We need to know where we are going and why we are going there. We need help to develop this vision, to get everybody on the same page and for the church members to all own and be motivated towards achieving this vision. We then need the process to be managed along the way so that we stay on track.
We want a shepherd pastor who will develop us.
We want a pastor who will help us to discern where we are lacking and then to help develop us towards becoming more Christ-like. We want someone who can teach and preach God’s word powerfully and faithfully so that we know what God wants of us. We want a shepherd who will model a godly lifestyle and show us what Christlikeness looks like. We want a shepherd who will coach us – encourage us, cheer us on and correct errors so that we become all that God would have us be.
We want a shepherd pastor who will care for us.
We want a shepherd who will seek to know us and connect with us. We want a shepherd who will provide for us and protect us. We know that this doesn’t mean that our shepherd pastor will do all of this himself, although he will model healthy discipleship, but rather put into place processes to ensure that we, as a church, are caring well for one another.
To Find Out More
Full information about the role and how to apply can be found on our pastor search website at: https://www.ibcsofia.com/pastor-search
Updated: 13 September 2023
International Baptist Church Hamburg: Pastor-in-training for Children, Youth, and Families
PASTOR-IN-TRAINING FOR CHILDREN, YOUTH, AND FAMILIES
WHO WE ARE
The International Baptist Church of Hamburg (IBCH) is a vibrant English-language church of about 300 adults and 60 children located in the heart of Hamburg, Germany. Our congregation is made up of members and visitors from over 50 nations who have come to the Hamburg metropolitan area for a variety of reasons—training, work, family, or due to difficult political circumstances in their country of origin. Some have established permanent residence; others are here temporarily. Many have brought their families with them or have established one here, and are raising their children multilingualy. There are also many Germans among us who have lived and/or worked in a foreign setting, or who live here in an intercultural family context. As well as the core of longstanding members and workers, we also have a varying number of international students and refugees who attend our church.
IBC Hamburg is a member of the International Baptist Convention, a network of English language churches, mostly in Europe, but on other continents as well.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are in need of a Pastor-in-Training for Children, Youth, and Families. Every Sunday, approximately 60 children and teenagers take part in our Sunday school. We are looking for a developing leader, possibly a recent seminary graduate or an individual seeking to discern their call to ministry, who can help to lead this ministry. This individual will oversee the structures of the church to enable families to work together to make disciples of the next generation. He is first an advocate for the children and youth because these are the people who are least knowledgeable and least experienced in the Christian life. He is next an advocate for the parents of these young people because they are in the greatest position to influence the young.
The job of Pastor-in-Training for Children, Youth and Families is a full-time position, with a temporary, one-year contract. During this one year, the individual will have the chance to explore what it means to work in full-time church ministry.
An individual plan for the Pastor-in-Training will be provided, along with weekly staff meetings, attendance at a five-day leadership training conference, regular accountability, and progress reports. It is hoped that both IBCH and the individual will profit from the experience gained. There will be the opportunity to extend the contract after one year.
- Regularly lead, teach, and train up kids’ ministry volunteers.
- Regularly visit the children’s families to foster good relationships with the parents and children.
- Produce workshops and family-focused Sunday services.
- Organize children and family events such as retreats and special days.
- Co-ordinate resources and needed materials with the church administrator and trustees.
- Administrate the children’s ministry budget effectively and with transparency.
PERSONAL AND MINISTERIAL LIFE
Our primary guidelines are found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7; 4:6-15; and Titus 1:6-9.
The following requirements are also expected:
- A commitment to a daily prayer life and regular study of God’s Word.
- Bible College or Seminary degree preferred. Other qualifications and training will be
- Agreement with IBCH’s statement of faith.
- Positive experience in children / family ministry preferred.
- A passion for discipling children and seeing families grow in the Lord.
- A heart for internationals and preferably experience working with them.
- Effectiveness in communicating the Word (the Pastor-in-Training will be expected to preach on at least three occasions).
- Fluency in English and minimum B2 level in German.
HOW TO APPLY
If you would like to be considered for this position, then please send your résumé and a cover letter to the Pastoral Search Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will get back to you as quickly as possible.
In His grace,
The Pastoral Search Team of IBCH
International Baptist Church of Vienna: Senior Pastor
The International Baptist Church of Vienna (IBCV) is a bible believing church based in city of Vienna, Austria.
We are associated with the International Baptist Convention and Austrian Baptist Union. We are an ethnically and culturally diverse church with over 20 different nationalities coming from various Christian backgrounds. Our membership is very transit, some staying a few months to long-term residents of Austria. All our activities are conducted in English, though the majority of members have English as their second or third language. Our regular activities such as bible studies, home groups, prayer meeting, seniors, young adults, Sunday school & Women‘s group cater for different ages of our congregation. Around 60 regularly worship on Sundays alongside our weekly guests who are mainly visiting Vienna as tourists. Our aim is that all who come to IBCV receive a warm welcome, experience God‘s Love and able to grow spiritually.
The IBCV is looking for a Senior Pastor who has the following:
- Required Skills and experience
- A minimum, graduate of seminary or equivalent (preferably from Baptist seminary)
- A minimum of 10 years of ministry experience with at least 5 years as leading pastor
- Experienced and gifted in preaching and teaching the Word of God,
- Fluent in spoken and written English with excellent communication skills.
- Require to have minimum A1 German
- Experienced in working within a cross cultural environment so comfortable interacting with all peoples
Experienced in developing and supporting different ministries within the church, thus exhibiting strong leadership skills.
- Personal Characteristics
- Called by God and spirit led with a vibrant personal Christian faith
- Has a passion for studying and sharing the Word of God with strong prayer life.
- Possess the qualifications and qualities described in 1 Timothy 3: 1-7, Titus 1: 5-9, 1 Peter 5:1-3 and Acts 6:4
- Is able to discern the needs and challenges of the congregation
- Is able to give wise, Biblical counsel
- Loves and enjoys being with people of all ages and cultural backgrounds, and intentionally builds relationships with everyone, thus displaying compassion and a servant-hearted attitude.
- Team player with the ability to encourage and motivate others
- Is honest, trustworthy, humble, approachable, self-motivated and energetic
- Main Responsibilities include
- Preaching on Sundays & help coordination of Sunday Worship service
- Coordinating with church’s ministries
- Conducting weddings, baptisms and funerals
- Teaching in various groups eg. bible studies, membership classes, baptism classes and premarital classes
- Visiting church members and sick
- Member of the leadership team, with emphasises on offering spiritual counsel
- What we offer
- A loving and lively church family
- An apartment (rent free)
- Partial financial support, which includes health insurance
- Public transport ticket for Vienna
- 25 days annual leave pro rota
- Help with relocation costs & visa applications
- Continual development of skills by attendance of seminars/training courses
- How to apply
Please send your application to email@example.com with the subject line “Pastor Application” including the following information
- Personal statement
Closing date: 31 October 2023
IBC Zürich: Pastor
Position Seeking: Pastor
The International Baptist Church of Zürich (IBCZ), an English-speaking Christian fellowship located in Rüschlikon, Switzerland is seeking a man of God as a full-time pastor.
We are a family-oriented elder-led church with a congregation drawn from numerous countries, cultures, and denominational backgrounds. We have a weekly attendance of between 80 and 100 that come from all over the Canton of Zürich and the surrounding regions. At IBCZ, the applicant must be prepared to servant-lead, work, and walk alongside a plurality of lay elders as a fellow elder. The elders work together and are supported by the diaconate and various ministry leaders.
Required skills and experience:
- Baptist-ordained pastor
- Holds a Masters of Divinity degree (or equivalent) from an accredited seminary
- A minimum of 10 years of ministry experience
- Pastoral experience in at least two churches, including one senior/solo pastor position
- At least one pastoral position in an international church
- Experienced and gifted in preaching and teaching the Word of God
- Fluent in spoken and written English with excellent communication skills
- German language level A1 (written) and B1 (oral) prior to the start of the position. For more details on the CEFR levels please refer to https://tinyurl.com/mmm8v8a5. IBCZ can provide support in obtaining these qualifications
To visit the church website and find more details about the pastor position, please visit: https://www.ibcz.ch/seeking-pastor/
Posted: 1 March 2023
Immanuel Baptist Church, Madrid, Spain: Senior Pastor
Immanuel Baptist Church (IBC) is an English-speaking International congregation in Madrid, Spain. The church is 61 years old. Today IBC serves as church home for people from over 40 nations. Because it is English-speaking in a non-English-speaking country, the congregation embraces people from different denominations, who also come from a variety of cultures and socio-economic levels. The attendance was averaging just over 500 people each Sunday in the pre-Covid world, though we have not quite returned to that level. The church relates to both the International Baptist Convention (IBC) and the Spanish Baptist Convention (UEBE). We seek to glorify God as we know Him and make Him known through our spheres of influence in Madrid and around the world.
Each Sunday in our services you can find university students sitting next to international business people, sitting next to immigrants, sitting next to embassy employees, sitting next to teachers or missionaries, who are sitting next to Spaniards.
Our church seeks to be a “modern-day Antioch” that gives testimony to the grace of God through cross-cultural ministry, Christlike living, intentional discipleship and church planting. As we look out over the people in our congregation we cannot help but wonder about all the plans God has for us with this unique combination of languages, experiences, passions and cultures. We long to find where God is working and join Him. At this point in the life of our church we are looking for a senior pastor who will come work alongside us as God makes His vision for our church a reality.
The senior pastor will oversee the mission, vision and strategy of the church as a whole and translate this to the vision and strategy of the different church ministries.
Above Reproach (Titus 1:6-9; 1 Tim 3:2-7), Committed to a biblical gospel (Rom. 1:16, Acts 20:24, Php. 3:7-9, Gal. 6:14),
Referred complementary profile
Cross-culturally sensitive, at least 10 years previous ministry experience, people-centered strategic thinker, seminary degree, married with children
If you think this is you and need more information about Immanuel Baptist Church and the position, please go to www.ibcmadrid.com.
Posted: 25 August 2022
The following staff openings are from churches which are not member churches of the IBC:
International Bible Church of Armenia: Pastor
Position Seeking: Pastor
International Bible Church of Armenia in Yerevan is looking for a biblically qualified and called pastor. We are an elder-led church, and the elders share pastoral and preaching responsibilities, yet we are calling for a full-time (teaching elder/lead pastor), to work in a cross-cultural, multi-ethnic church-plant.
The candidate would be a missionary/pastor, and would need to raise their support for this calling – (Armenia has a relatively low cost of living, as it is a developing nation, thus a high amount of support is unnecessary). The congregation and people of ministry would be primarily among English-speaking Americans, Indians, Russians, Persians, Kurds, and Armenians. We also have many other ethnicities within the country and in the city of Yerevan.
The primary ministries of the TE elder/lead pastor would be pastoral, preaching/teaching, & organizing events within the church, along with strategizing for evangelism for Persian outreach, Russian outreach, etc…, We have the vision to start more churches within the country, and surrounding countries, so the candidate must share a passion for missions and church-planting. Our church is a missional church and is strategically located to make an impact in Armenia and among the unreached neighboring nations.
To apply please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted: 10 July 2023