We envision a movement of global-minded churches that are reproducing healthy disciples, leaders, and congregations.
We dream of…
• … stimulating churches toward mission advancement. We see churches intentionally and consistently sending members to live out the mission of the Gospel. We see churches working in partnership with one another and with other Great Commission organizations.
• … helping churches to keep their focus on making and multiplying disciples. We see churches being equipped to teach and train their members to be lifelong, loving, and loyal followers of Christ who are actively sharing their faith.
• … developing pastors and leaders in essential ministry skills. We see pastors and leaders equipped with knowledge and skill and filled with passion for Christ and love for His people. We see churches where Scripture is being preached and taught with relevance, power, and clarity.
• … becoming a catalyst for strategic church-planting. We see churches praying for, contributing to, and supporting an ever-increasing number of church plants to reach people with the Gospel, blessing the communities and churches where they are located.
• … nurturing a spirit of love that bridges cultures, nationalities, ethnicities, generations, politics, privilege, position, and religious backgrounds. We see churches learning to manage, celebrate, and leverage their diversity to become worthy examples of grace and peace, encouragement and unity, acceptance and compassion.
• … fostering fellowship and connections among pastors and churches. We see leaders and churches taking initiative to start and develop deep relationships with one another because they view themselves as utterly dependent on God and mutually dependent on one another.
• … supporting churches in times of need and transition. We see leaders being assisted to help their churches take steps toward achieving and maintaining health and growth in their congregations.
By Jimmy Martin, IBC General Secretary 24 Now I rejoice in what I am suffering for you, and I fill up in my flesh what is still lacking in regard to Christ’s afflictions, for the sake of his body, which is the church. 25 I have become its servant by the commission God...
By Jimmy Martin, IBC General Secretary “I was not disobedient to the vision from heaven...” Acts 26:19 Vision is a powerful thing. Vision keeps us moving in the right direction. To lose vision can be debilitating, depressing, even disastrous. Max Lucado tells about a...