This month’s Multiply Moment is a little different. Instead of a new topic to learn and an invitation to our next CMN online gathering, we’re inviting you to pause and pray for us and with us.
Would you please pause and pray for our IBC Church Multiplication Leadership Team as we meet together in Berlin Germany, 10-12 August to discuss how best to serve our IBC churches’ multiplication efforts.
Pause & Pray
- Pray that our hearts and minds be aligned with God’s.
- Pray for unity of the Spirit and a oneness among our team.
- Pray for God-given insight about his will and ways for international church planting.
Our team: Darryl and Debra Evetts, Lee Hanson, Nate and Jendi Korpi, Des and Sam Dyer, and Lydia and Taylor Whitley.
Would you please pause and pray for our IBC church planters currently serving on the mission field. Our church planters are on the front lines, confronting brokenness and spreading the gospel in international communities around the world. They often serve in areas with little gospel witness, are far from the familiar and comfortable and are working week after week to see God’s Kingdom move forward.
Here are seven ways you can pray for our church planters:
- Pray for a close walk with Jesus. Pray our planters prioritize their relationship with Jesus. Pray they stay in His Word, fellowship deeply with Him in prayer and keep their lives pure. Pray God would walk powerfully and intimately with them, so they are able to minister out of the overflow of this personal walk.
- Pray for an identity grounded in Christ.
Planters are entrepreneurs who long to see something started from nothing. The temptation is often to find their identity in what they do and how well they do it. Pray our planters root their identity deeply in the gospel.
- Pray for a strong marriage and family.
Balancing family and ministry can be difficult. Pray our planters are sensitive to the needs of their families and make shepherding them a priority.
- Pray for wisdom.
Church plants can be fragile organizations. Pray God gives our planters great wisdom as they make decisions weekly that affect the growth of the plant—and the extension of God’s Kingdom in their communities.
- Pray for favor in their community.
Pray local leaders would help them connect with the community. Pray for natural relationships with neighbors. Ultimately, pray our planters find people open and excited about a new work in their community.
- Pray for faithfulness in their work.
The hard work of church planting can be draining and discouraging. One week can be exhilarating with success, while the very next week can be a crash of disappointment. Pray our church planters stay focused and faithful to the call God has placed on their lives, even in the midst of the ups and downs of difficult ministry.
- Pray for gospel fruit.
Planters plant churches because they have a passion to see individuals and communities transformed by the gospel. Pray God will have His way in men and women across globe. Only Jesus can save lives. Pray He will transform hearts and lives.
Church Multiplication Network
We will not have a Church Multiplication Network online gathering this month…but here’s what you can do…
Pause and pray at our regular scheduled time: 3pm (Frankfurt) 8am (Panama), Tuesday the 9th of August. Again, there will not be a CMN online gathering that day.